e-Potek SA is combining its expertise in the finance industry with software, to build a best-in-class online mortgage platform for Switzerland.
Together we believe that applying for a home loan should be fast, simple, and transparent. The way to achieve this is by combining the best technology and design, with the smartest people we can find.
We are an ambitious company, planning to quickly scale up and be the leader in our field. We are looking for an equally ambitious hacker to join our growing team.
As a software engineer on our team, you will be seeing all aspects of code, from front to backend to devOps, given that we are all full-stack. If you have a particular strength, or if you’re looking to develop one, let us know, but we want you to be a generalist first!
We expect you to be proactive in your work, come up with new ideas and optimisations for the software that you own.
What you will be working on
- You will work on our core web-applications and NodeJS servers that help our team, our customers and our partners make the best decisions around their finances.
- You will deeply integrate all of our SaaS tools together with our own software to create the most cohesive ecosystem of tools that makes everyone's lives more productive.
Our tech stack
- React, Material-ui, and Gatsby
- Google Cloud Platform & Docker
- Circle CI
- Define (and build on) our front- and back-end architecture
- Build reliable, performant, and delightful web-apps (in that order)
- Integrate several data-feeds from 3rd parties and our own back-end
- Ask questions, raise problems, provide solutions, build prototypes
- Write scripts/tools to support our infrastructure, automate all the things
- Document your work when necessary
- Think about the business as much as you think about your code
- 3+ years of full-time working experience as a software developer
- 1+ years of experience with React and its ecosystem (or similar libraries, like Vue/Angular 2)
- Some taste for good design
- Attention to detail
- A passion for making and prototyping things
- Able to work with minimal supervision, self-starter
- Adapt to changing requirements, and learn what is needed on the go, to get the job done. Be able to figure things out on your own
- Take responsibility for what you do: own your mistakes (and teach us how to avoid them), celebrate your victories
- Experience writing/contributing to OSS (strong GitHub profile a big +)
- Demonstration of a passion for building products and writing software (side-projects, hackathons, etc.)
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent
- Experience with NodeJS or MeteorJS
- Experience with integration and acceptance testing
- Familiar with one or more of these basic devOps tools: bash scripts, CI/CD, Linux & automation
- The opportunity to join a fast growing company (expecting to double our size in 2022)
- A lot of responsibility and ownership
- The chance to take on an ambitious challenge where you can make your ideas count
- A work environment that values impact before effort
- All the gear you need to get every percent of productivity you can give
- The ability to work from any of our offices in Switzerland (Geneva, Lausanne, or Zurich - and more to come soon)
Candidates who can work in Switzerland only, no recruiting agencies please.